Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goodwill In The Home Staging Business Model

In an economy of recession, depression, growth, rising GDP, declining GDP, it doesn't matter. Goodwill should be included in your home staging business model. Answer this question as a business owner, What is the value of your business over your tangible assets?


If your business model is short term you may be missing the advantages of goodwill. A long-term view is a model for business success.

A potential client call came in needing a 1050 square foot outdoor area staged. After a walk thru of the area it was clear that placing my inventory of outdoor furniture in an unprotected outdoor area to be ruined by nature's variances was not financially a good decision for me, nor the client. The rent would have to be enough to carry the cost of deterioration and replacement. But still the client needed help.

Empathy kicked in, the client family was so like-able and their need was so great. I sourced the job via the Internet and provided a detailed staging consultation to the client at break-even.

The rewards have been never-ending. Not only do I feel good, I have photographs to add to my consultation results portfolio, I have a client that will not hesitate to recommend my services, and a recommendation useful in marketing. Having a goodwill advocate is a great thing. It has added to my tangible assets as a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment